Cardiff Quins RFC | 1st Team 14 - 45 Barry RFC | 1st Team
Kyle Barros
5 Conversion
Dylan Robertson
2 Try
Wayne Jones
1 Try
Alyn Evans
1 Try
Sion Vidal
1 Try
David Provis
1 Try
Harry Moyle
1 Try

Match Report
21 January 2019 / Team News

Barry go marching on

Looking to build on last week's fine win Barry travelled  to play Cardiff Harlequins last Saturday and while the performance didn't quite match that,they came away having scored seven tries for a bonus point win by 45 - 14.

An error at the kick off gave the Quins the early advantage and they made good use of it scoring a converted try with the game only minutes old.

The pressure continued but Barry slowly got themselves into the game as a series of penalties took play close to the Quins line.

Driving the lineout the forwards showed good ball control giving Alyn Evans the try as they drove over the line,the conversion failed.

This was followed immediately by a second try as they spread the ball at the restart, with a quick thinking flick pass from Tom Perry creating the overlap which gave Dylan Robertson the run in unopposed.Kyle Barross kicked the conversion.

Barry were now in full flow and attacking the Quins from all areas of the field.A clearance into spce forced Quins to concede the line from where Barry launched their next attack.Quick and accurate passing moved the ball from wing to wing where Wayne Jones took the final pass to score the try which went unconverted but Barry were suddenly in the space of ten minutes now 17 - 7 ahead.

Quins at this stage could not find an answer to Barry's pace and accuracy and a further try came as they ran out of numbers giving Dave Provis the try and Kyle Barross the conversion.

Barry took their foot of the pedal from the restart as the Quins finally got deep into their half.After three attempts the Quins finally

crossed for their second try as tackles were missed. With the conversion the score now stood at 14 - 24 with half time approaching.

Their was still time as Barry got back in the groove and attacked. Again good handling skills saw the backs and forwards link finally giving Harry Moyle a well deserved try and Kyle Barross's conversion gave them a half time lead at 14 - 31.

Quins became more competitive and Barry slightly lethargic in the opening minutes of the second half as exchanges were even.

But it was Barry who went further ahead after what looked like a good try had been disallowed.Forcing a hurried clearance by the Quins defence Barry drove at the lineout with Sion Vidal getting the final touchdown and Kyle Barross the conversion.

This spurred Barry on again and a somewhat deflated Quins had to endure more pressure as attack after attack came their way

Their defence managed to stop the first attack but ran out of numbers as Dylan Robertson strolled through the gap to score giving Kyle Barross an easy conversion and now Barry were 14 - 45 ahead.

Credit to the Quins who never gave up and actually controlled the game for some minutes putting the Barry defensive capabilities to the test.Those minutes showed that while they have a good attacking game , they are also very resilient in defence.

For all the hard work done by Quins they were unable to break this defensive line and the score remained the same.

The final minutes became scrappy and the game petered out with no more scores leaving Barry with a 45 - 14 victory.

Another fine win for Barry but the next three games could dictate the season.

Next Saturday Barry entertain Cilfynydd currently one place below us in the League.This is followed by visits to Aberdare and the Llantwit Fardre who lie in third place.

The Lottery rolls over to £3550 this week after last week's numbers 06- -07 - 13 and 17 were not matched.Five tickets managed to match three balls to win £10


There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos